Thursday, April 3, 2008

Diverse School, Segregated People

Merced is such a diverse campus. However its hard to see that sometimes when the same race hangs out with the same ol people all the time. Doesnt that get boring? It gets boring to me. I can't be around my same race all the time. I feel I learn things from hanging out with different races. I get to hear different points of view, I get introduced to different types of food (YUM!), learn about different lifestyles and many more interesting things. Maybe some people don't believe in that.Oh well, Bethany is hear to break it up! lol The Africans wanna hang out with the Africans...nope I'm breaking that up...tell me about Africa...how was Nigeria?...how was Ghana?....how do you like America?...The blacks wanna hang out with the blacks...ok....do you not know that you are a decedent of Africa?...somewhere in the mix yeah...Why do you segregate from the Africans?...just because you weren't born there and your parents were born in America...no...if that was the case my parents were born in Jamaica....who would I hang with??? There are no Jamaicans or children of Jamaicans here...Would I hang alone??? Heck no! lol And the Asians hanging with the Asians nuh uh...there are too many of yall...you guys need to disperse! I'm in that too! I wanna know what China is like, Japan...Taiwan...all of em...what food do you eat? What kind of traditions do you follow??? Filipinos too... I love adobu!...yum! You guys are cool ...It's like somewhere deep in your ancestry there was a black guy...yup...there is some black in you guys!..lol Hispanics/ Latinos I'm in that too...I wanna know about you guys too...I wanna eat your homemade food...I wanna learn new Spanish words....I wanna baila! hahaha So yea my Muslim friends....White friends....Indian friends....European friends....lets spread out a little more....show the diversity a little bit more...the segregation is a little too obvious and I know it gets boring. If it has to start with me than so be it....I'm dragging some people with me though...lol

~*Bethany*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanging with one race potentially leads to single-mindedness. Our world can't benefit from that. Go ahead make a difference!

Anonymous said...

uhhh yah i agree with anon #1 we should branch off and talk to different races, well thats if they want to talk to us becuz some r just not as open minded as others!

hey just saying but yaaah i dig that whoady!

=]

Veronica said...

DIVERSITY!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

THAT WAS SOO MY TOPIC FOR LAST MONTH!!!!!

LET'S INTERMINGLE!