Sunday, April 20, 2008

Book Therapy

Im lacking my inspiration for reading. I mean ...Im currently reading a book right now but it feels like it is taking me forever to finish it. I need one that will hit the spot. You know...a book that leaves you satisfied or urning for the sequel..haha. I havent had that in a while...Ive been reading books that I either can predict the end half way through or I get so bored with it half way through that I just want to put it up on the book shelf already. Maybe Ive read all the good ones? I doubt it. How do I tell if the book is good? Well..when I am able to finish it in less than 5 days even if it has 400+ pages. Books that leave me thinking...books that actually make me cry...laugh... smile...sink deep into character ...feeling every bit of what they feel. A good book!

Any suggestions???

8 comments:

Erica-Lindsay said...

"Five People You Meet In Heaven" by Mitch Albom

"For One More Day"
by Mitch Albom

"The Lovily Bones"
By Alice Sebold

These are realy good and interesting books that i love, and it's hard for me to get into reading!

Bethany said...

Ive read "Five people you meet in heaven" and loved it! Great book! Same author writes For one more day so it should be good.

Ive always heard ppl talking about "Lovely Bones"..I don't know why I havent read it..but I will now!

Thanks Erica!

Anonymous said...

"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte & "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou

aRi dOPeR tHAn AvEraGe said...

If you give a mouse a Cookie..great book makes you think about cookies and milk and a mouse who can use a broom! hahaha

NAjeeT said...

man u need to read harry potter! lol

Bethany said...

Jane Eyre and I know why the caged bird sings....read both of them! great books! Thanks tho!

Hmmmm...Harry Potter Najee?...lol I'm more of a movie person when it comes to Harry Potter...lol. Thanks even tho I'm sure that was a joke!

Anonymous said...

Omg ariana I used to love that damn book! Ummm the mouse was sooo freakin determined! But uhhhhhh I got a bookshelf full of books in my room, better come shopping...

Omg I have one book that's like 500 pages its really good, its about this girl who wants to become and upcoming artist and all her obstacles and stuff...cnt remember the name, ill bring it by ur room!!

Bethany said...

I think your bookshelf is half of my book shelf at home...lol...I prob have read everything u have...but I'll check it out anyway!

I remember that book too Ari...haha...I think I read it like 20 times!...lmao!