Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Love That Hates

You love to hate me.I hate to love you.
The more time apart, the better we get along.
We fight for satisfaction of one another.
One could not do without the other.
And, we know it will always be wrong.

Were so alike, yet so different.
On, one another in which, we depend.
How can I be so affectionate,
when it is my heart I do not like to lend?

We push each other away.
But, we cry when one can not stay.
Why do we play it off like we do,
when we turn around and say
"I Love You"?

By Derrick Thibodeaux


Interesting. Can one really have a "love that hates"? I mean I guess it is possible if this guy wrote a poem about it. Having a "love that hates" would be an emotion jerker for me...why put yourself through that? Basically you dont know whether you hate or love that person so you mix the two...confusion. My conclusion is that experiences in which their heart got damaged...meaning not necessarily broken but toyed with...has left them in this confused state. Or maybe its a scared state...where they are scared to lend their heart...scared because their heart can only take so much pain and disappointment...so they guard it...guard it in such a way that it seems as though they are filled with hate...incapable of love. I don't know. This is just very interesting to me. Funny thing is...I think Ive experienced this before.

No comments: