Monday, November 3, 2008

Chills

All of a sudden I am getting chills everytime I hear Barack Obama's name on TV (No its not because it is cold outside...lol). I hear his name and I get chills and a grin appears on my face...he makes me so proud. His last stop tonight is in Virginia...a state that hasnt voted Democratic in 44 years...now that shows ambition. *Sigh* This is really about to happen...I am actually going to vote...and in a historical election at that. Tomorrow...me...vote! I have waited 20 years for this! No...wait...I'm not going to lie...maybe 12 years. It wasnt until I was 8 til I even thought about voting...not until I read about voting in my 3rd grade history book...it might be sad but it is in fact true. My family never spoke about voting...probably because they couldnt vote because they chose not to be citizens of America. They might want to change their mind after tomorrow. Oh man...The first in my family to vote. :) How about that? Making all kinds of statements when I step into the poll booth tomorrow...for all of us youth who had to sit back and watch Bush be elected and reelected because we werent old enough to vote...for the black women who werent able to vote up until 88 years ago...for my immigrant family...for all the blacks who longed for a black President but couldnt see it in reach...for every American who longs for a President that can turn this country around 360 or even 180...lol...some change...we can help with the other 180 because we need to be the change as well. And for myself...I'm voting on my future here...that is a big deal. Everyone's future and the future of their families to come should definitely be a main concern. We need to look forward...move forward and progress...no going backwards. I will walk into the polls tomorrow with my head held high, a smile on my face...and proudly bubble in the Democratic nominees Barack Obama for President and Joe Biden for Vice President. Then I will have to sit back... nervous and in anticipation...until I hear the results. Tomorrow when they are counting the ballots and I watch the percentages increase for each candidate...my heart will beat faster and faster...with a sigh of relief every time they announce Barack Obama has taken a state. Oh man...the anticipation I feel right now...how relieved I will be...the tears of joy I will cry...how accomplished I will feel...if Barack Obama is announced America's new President for the next 4 years!!!

It is up to each and everyone of you...you make the difference...make the right vote...make the vote for Change!

Go Out and Vote...Just a few hours left! Obama 08! :)

No comments: