Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ignorance

So this little statement a lady made yesterday has been bugging me. Yesterday I went to go and register for a summer class at West LA...they are certainly doing too much with this "take a ticket" thing....lol You walk in and select on the touch screen whether you are there to apply, enroll, transfer...yadda yadda yadda...and bam a ticket pops out and you wait. So yea I select what Im there for.. get my ticket..fill out papers.. and wait for my number to be called. So time goes by and they call ...um...lets say 171....171 doesnt step up. So then they call 172...172 approaches the window and begins being served. 171 comes in the room... "omg did they skip me?"...she swings her hair and switches back and forth until she gets to the window..."Excuse me I was before him!". The lady behind the counter responds "ok well when I called your number you werent here so you must take a seat and wait". The lady sucks her teeth..rolls her eyes and switches outside of the room, into the next, to take a seat. The lady behind the counter helps 172 and then when the she is finished helping him she proceeds to say "and sorry for miss thing...walkin in here like she is Gods gift to the world...she is trippin...yanno?..." before she continues 171 comes switchin/stoppin in with her heels...lol...im not gonna lie it scared me cuz she came out of no where...haha. So the convo goes...
"What is your name!?"
"Helen"
"What is your last name!?"
"I dont have to give you that"
"Cuz I heard what you were saying about me"
"mhhhmmm"
"And that was unnecessary...Im going to report you"
"Go ahead"
*Stomping off* "Ugh!...thats why you cant give black people no job behind the counter"
Ok so some people are in shock and some giggling. Me...im thinking why did she have to say that? I mean if it were a white woman who said that...or any other race besides black...I am sure there would have been some side heated argument. What does she mean by that? Yes the lady was wrong for talking about her to another person but that doesnt give her the right to down talk ALL black people. I believe its a personal problem...not a 'black' problem. *Sigh* I think black people are doing very well for themselves nowadays... I'm very happy for the progress we are making...no one can stop us....and I am on my way. I hope saying that didn't make her feel better...cuz she just looked real ignorant after that and the statement didn't justify anything. Smh... Well I'm off to encounter more ignorant people in the world...

Well I guess if there weren't ignorant people then there would be no one to prove wrong huh? lol ...funny how life works.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

hahahaha that is funny...

My friend and I were just discussing the matter at hand and in the midst of our conversation we were rudely interrupted by a group of young black men who proceed to address us in a degrading manner, we failed to acknowledge their presence and continued on with our conversation. I am in amazement at how far we have come as a culture, yet we continue to pull ourselves back. Its just sad...

Erica-Lindsay said...

wow! West LA is hood! that's my school!! lol

what r u taking?

Bethany said...

Yep that is pretty sad...SMH

Lol....West LA is hood???...hahaha...okay Erica...if u say so...lol

Im taking Statistics...it starts June 30th. You taking any classes there over the summer?

Anonymous said...

omG!! r u serious!

SLAP THAT BITCH!

j/k but man this world is fucked up!