Monday, March 17, 2008

My Dear Friend Hector ...R.I.P


I can't believe it has been a year. I remember you like it was yesterday. I feel as though it was just yesterday when you strolled into my room to see what was happening. I still feel your hug...I still see your smile...I still hear your laugh...I still smell your scent. I will live with this forever and it is ok because I have nothing but fond memories to remember about you Hector. I miss you Hector. I love you Hector. Your kindness...comedy...realness...friendship... they will forever be cherished and remembered. A special person you were. Your passing brought so many of us together. Although it is sad it took a death...God had a good reason to take you when he did. You are my angel. I know you are watching me right now. Looking down on me playing a beautiful song on your guitar. :) Whether it was in spanish or english...I loved it. Whenever I hear the song "More than words" I think of you. It even makes me cry....although the tears are of sorrow from missing you...they are also tears of joy.
I was very reluctant to visit your rose bush today. I don't know why. I guess I try and make myself believe I understand why you were taken ...but I guess in my heart I'm still asking why. Why? Everyone up there is lucky to have you. I waited til 11pm today to sit by the rose bush and write a message to you on the stone. As soon as I reached I felt moisture in my eyes...my throat got dry...and it felt like my heart dropped into my stomach. I was overcome with sadness. Tears overwhelm me even as I write this. I'm glad I was alone when I visited your spot because I was able to be myself and just be alone with you. I meant everything I said and I stay true to those words until the day it is my turn to go. Don't party too much without me. Give my grandma a hug for me... tell my cousin Troy he is still loved and I will show love to auntie Marlene ...enough for the both of us. Until we meet again...


<3 you Forever & Always

~*Bethany*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P HECTOR!!

awww i miss you man..

even though i did not know u...

luv,

KIY!