Wednesday, March 5, 2008

5 Years From Now

I used to be able to predict this. But now ...I am not absolutely sure what will happen or where I will be. Will I be happy or sad? Will I be a success of a failure? Will I be married? Will I have a child? Will I still have the same friends I have now? Will I even be alive? ...These are questions I ponder but I can never come to an actual answer. I am taught to leave it in God's hands...I have faith in God that his choices for me will always be the right one. But I'm scared. Me and God don't have the same mindset...that is a definite fact ..what I want for myself ...how I want to live my life...who I want in my life...how long I want to live...it's not up to me. So yea, I'm scared. But all I can do now is take advantage of the present...people ask me why I smile so much...laugh so much...or even why I talk so much. Well, smiling helps me to remind myself how lucky I am to be alive and how lucky I am to be where I am today. Laughing keeps me happy...keeps me living...keeps me sane...helps me to enjoy the moment...makes it last...brings the smile back to my face if it ever happens to fall. And Talking, well...it limits the regrets I will leave this earth with...I want to express myself and say all I can say....it may make a difference...it may not...but all that matters is that I gave it a try. ..and honestly talking helps me to meet new people which I love to do. Staying positive and optimistic is best for me now I guess.

Monica just asked me If I have read the book "The secret" ...I havent but I did watch the movie over winter break and I loved it. Everyone should watch it. It is definitely motivation for me. The movie can be life changing if you take the information to heart. The movie basically describes the events in life as a result of law of attraction. By law of attraction it is said that an individuals feelings and thoughts of every minute of every day "attract" the actual events that take place in peoples' lives. There is a part in the movie where a man not knowing where his future is headed makes a chart (I cannot believe I dont remember what this chart is called..it has a particular name)...anyway...on the chart he pastes a picture of a home, a particular car, money, a baby, and some other things. He told himself that everything on that chart would be in his life in the future and he stayed positive about it. Some odd years later his son finds the chart and asks the dad what it is. The man looks at the chart and is amazed because he is living in the same house that is on the picture..drives a similar car...has a son...and has a very successful job. His story inspired me and I wanted to make a chart as soon as I got back to school but I forgot. I am definitely making it this weekend.

"Whatever the mind of man can conceive, it can achieve"- W. Clement Stone (From the movie)
I think I will be happy and closer to success in the 5 years...so it shall be. Whether I will be married with kids.. I am not sure of but definately in the next 10 years. Whether I will be alive....I shall not think about. I am thinking of the positive outcomes so that is what must come about. Why waste my time thinking about the negative possibilities?

~*Bethany*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think we will still be friends, ur ass is to funny, i need someone to talk about ppl with, but jus think if u knew wat ur life wuld be like in 5 yrs, you may not like it so u may try to change it, u know that whole (i know my future, so imma change it type ish...) umm yeah its from the movies, but i mean planning is always cool, but u never really know what will happen, sometimes ppl put way too much thought into their damn futures, it is not only irritating but it gets a little "overrated" just sayin, dnt tell me in 5 yrs ur ass is gonna have a BMW!! no bitch ur NOT!!! AAAAAHHHH!! haha

j/k

my vagina is bleeding..

buah bye...

Anonymous said...

oh and i like ur post...hahha

Bethany said...

Hahahaha...yay! of course we will be friends.

I did say I was gonna have a BMW...lol...but who knows...i just might!

TMI!....saying its your time of the month would do just fine...lol

Bethany said...

didn't*