Thursday, July 3, 2008

Look at Yourself

I hate when people take things for granted. Like do you not know how good you have it? Stop complaining and stop fucking up. There are people living on the streets ...people who dont have a father...people who dont have a mother..people who dont have either. Some have it harder than others. Wait let me change that ...MOST have it harder than others. I feel for the less fortunate...mostly because I am not too much fortunate than they are. It hurts my heart when I see homeless children. Its bad enough that anyone has to live in poverty. But children? Its like their fate is already chosen and they must work extra hard....overcome more obstacles than any other child to succeed in life. Its a hard knock life...and yet I notice they complain the least.

You are worried about getting that 50 dollar video game and the new video game system to play it on or those new pair of shoes to wear to the next party or club ....while others are worrying about something as simple as what they are going to eat 2maro...where they are going to sleep. You are worried about getting the sound system in your car improved and a navigation system installed ...while some are worried about how they r going to pay bus fare to get from point A to point B. You are complaining about walking up that hill to your class at the university that you have been so privileged to attend...while others are worried about getting shot or raped or mugged walking down their neighborhood street on their way home from their job that helps their family make ends meet and cannot attend that university that you are taking for advantage because they either cannot afford it or their family cannot afford to lose their income. Be humble, be modest, be grateful, be understanding. You can be admired for that. I admire people like that. But I swear some people don't know how good they have it and yet they are the first ones to complain ...and brag ...at the same time. Be happy with what you have and modest at the same time...what your parents have provided for u...and grateful you have parents. Parents who have worked so hard to make your life easier. You have nothing to brag about unless you paid for that ticket to visit all these wonderful places...for that car you are so conceitedly sporting...for that nice house you are so fortunate enough to live in. Your parents get all of the credit in my eyes. They have layed down the stepping stones for you to succeed in life...make this a legacy...make it possible for generations after you to be insusceptible to poverty. If your goal is to be highly favored by everyone because of what you have and what you can get... you are more shallow than central Africa's water supply. If you werent so self absorbed you would notice all the poverty around you and see that your problems are not that big. Or maybe you do notice but choose to ignore it...sad. People today are so selfish and greedy.Something you are complaining about or taking advantage of..others can only dream of.

Jealousy is not the source of this post. Believe me I am not the jealous type. I am grateful for what I have and sure I admire what others have and I let them know when I do like what they have. But usually it is nothing materialistic. Usually I admire someones closely bonded loving family...someones long, happy marriage...someones stable lifestyle. I long for those three things. Everything else I will be grateful to posses of course but they are not as important to me. I have learned early in life that I am one of the ones that have to work harder than others..and I have grown to become content with that. Although I dont have it great I do what I can for others...."what you give, you shall receive"....it might not come back now but I believe it will eventually. People often ask "oh your rich huh?", "you get everything you want huh?", lmao ...not even close..far from it. I just work hard for everything I have ...and I do mean "I"...little has come from my parents...but I am grateful for what they have done...individually since they have been divorced since I was barely 7. I take care of myself and carry myself in a way that might never make you believe the things I have been through and I am confident as a person that I can overcome anything and possess the things I dream of. "You gotta learn to hold your own" I do what I have to do with as little help from others as possible...not because I want to be miss independent but because it helps me as a person not to rely on others...i dont know...its just a personal thing...makes me feel stronger and better about myself knowing I accomplished most of the things in life on my own yanno....to cover up the weak and bruised Bethany that I vow to keep hidden until the right person comes along. Well I went off on a wee bit of a tangent there.. lol.

My point is....It just urks me that people who have it much easier take advantage and cherish their material possessions before anything else.
And some let little thing worry then which are in the end..not that important. I understand that EVERYONE has problems and I know the feeling all too well ...you know ...when you feel like everything has gone wrong thus far and you feel trapped... no where to run...like you will be making it more difficult on yourself and others if you proceed any farther. You then find yourself searching for that "new game" button...u know the one u press when u know there is no way u can win that game of spider solitaire. But that button doesn't exist in life. Figures. God offers forgiveness if that is a possible solution for your situation and everything else you must work through ...with God's blessing....and overcome to proceed and progress successfully. Hopefully. But lets worry and complain about the bigger issues at hand ...like poverty.

Just let me reiterate...be humble, be modest, be grateful, be understanding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this about someone in particular???

Veronica said...

I feel u Beth...I live with the same principles...if everyone understood wat would our world be like?

Bethany said...

Exactly Nika! Some ppl don't think. Smh


Lol...no anonymous...this is not about u or anyone in particular. I have witnessed this by MANY ppl...many ppl that I don't feel to associate myself with so it isn't about any of my friends. And my examples were random but I'm not saying it can't relate to anyone because they are realistic random examples that I'm sure no one can deny they have witnessed.

Wouldn't be surprised if this describes someone reading this to a T....and if someone believes this is about them...that should be a red flag.