Monday, August 4, 2008

Angel on Earth

So honestly...I think I met an angel on earth today. It all started when I was on my break at work and Ari was waiting for her dad to pick her up from work. I felt for a blended lemonade from Starbucks so we walked over and got in line. A friendly Caucasian woman came behind us shocked by how long the line was and that began conversation. She began to immediately tell me and Ari how proud she was of us and how we should enjoy life immediately and work hard while we are young so that are futures are bright. My first thought was "wow...this lady is VERY friendly"...and I felt comfortable talking to her..it was as though we had known each other for years. We asked her where she was headed and she told us she was going to Paris to celebrate 08/08/08...her 67th birthday. This lady looked no older than 50!..I thought she was turning 48 haha. Then she asked us what schools we went to and told us how she has a degree in ...architecture (I think) and something else (Ari will have to help with that) and that she is a Christian counselor. Then she told us that she loved us so much and we are the future so the drinks are on her. She paid for the drinks and we continued to talk. while we waited for our drinks. She told us to thank are mothers for doing such a great job bringing up such beautiful and gifted women. We smiled and said ok. She continued by saying how we should keep smiling and humble ourselves because its a beautiful thing. She told us to break free of the friends in our lives that constantly bring stress and negativity on us because if they arent willing to be a real friend and take part in our beautiful lives then we need to just let then go. Me and Ari agreed and looked at each other. This lady began to speak on things that were relevant to what is going on in our lives. She then said to focus on school and wait for love and boys to find us. For now...focus on studies because if we go looking we will regret it and might even miss what is right in front of us. We agreed again. She began to smile and then stated to Ari "thank your mother again for me...I know she is proud of you and I am so happy she did such an amazing job with a beautiful and gifted young woman as yourself". Then she stated to me " Your mother did an amazing job with you too...you are so gifted...in every way....and I want you to forgive your mother...I can feel it even when you smile....your mother has done something and she was wrong ..yes... but behind it all she still loves you and is proud...she is just unable to show it right now"...my heart began to beat fast and my eyes widened as I looked at her and I can feel Ari's shock as well...like how does this lady know that me and my mother had a falling out and she made a wrong decision?...It has been one month, one week, and 2 days since I had last seen or heard from my mother and I was so shocked that this lady read me like a book...from the friend situation to my mother. So I couldnt help but cry...right there...in the airport..in the Starbucks line waiting for my drink (so embarrassing but I wasnt even thinking about anybody in the airport). Ari tried not to cry and they both embraced me while I tried to stop crying ...the lady then began to sing this silly song to make me laugh and me and Ari started cracking up...as well as some people around us. Ari loved the song...I think she remembers it lol. The lady then said "its alright to let it out and cry...it builds your immunity....you need it." Why was I feeling so sick before this but after she touched me and said this I feel so much better now? Like during the rest of my work I could actually feel my cold clearing in my chest, throat and nose. After getting her drink she had to catch her plane so she gave me and Ari a hug and told us to continue to be our wonderful selves. She truly made my day during the 25min of talking to her....and the funny thing is I dont think we ever got her name. To me...she was an angel on earth ...I needed her. Everything ...does in fact...truly happen for a reason...good or bad.

I will continue to be myself....and continue to turn to God , my education, and love (for myself, life, and a select few)...the three things that will get me closest to happiness...at least in my eyes.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

wow that is such a beautiful story...God always sends us messages and it is up to us to accept them and listen to them. If u would have ignored that woman u would have lost out on a blessing...we never know who is watching us and see's the things that we do, but God always does and he acknowledges when we r on the right path...Be Blessed Bethany and continue to live the way God instructs us to...

aRi dOPeR tHAn AvEraGe said...

A Bushel and peck & A Hug around the neck! I think that's how it goes Lol ..man I love that lil jingle/song! But I talked to anita yesterday and dude why do I think the same "lady" talked to anita! Man itz true when they God works in mysterious ways.

Erica-Lindsay said...

WOW! Amazing..

Bethany said...

Truly amazing...I love that lady! She has oten me thinking! She has helped me so much!

God sure does work in mysterious ways...I need to always be aware of him.