Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Things!

So Ive been thinking. I feel like I want to minor in Management now. Graduate from here and get my B.S. in Microbiology & Immunology and go on to graduate school and get my masters in Business Management to possibly own my own medical office, pharmacy, or some business dealing with medicine. But, that would either put me at an extra semester here or I would have to take 4 management classes over the summer. *sigh* I dont know...decisions, decisions. I guess I have to do what I have to do...I need to talk more with my advisor....


In other news...I've taken on an important obligation that I am very excited for! I am now the UC Wide Head for the African Black Coalition Conference that will be held the first week in May! I will be contacting the UCs to get feedback, ideas, and updating all of the UCs on the ABC Conference preparation progress each month. Yes, UC Merced will be hosting the Conference this year and we are so excited and ready to come together with the BSUs and AA Student Organizations of all the UC campuses as well as a few Cal States and CCs to inspire, motivate, and educate this year at ABC! More about this later!



Announcement! After I purchase CSI: Las Vegas Season 8...I will no longer be watching anymore of CSI: Las Vegas. Why? First of all, they killed off my husband Gary Dourdan...shot him in the head. Sad!...I knew he was leaving CSI but they could have just had him leave...like retire his badge and say he didnt want to be a CSI agent anymore...they didnt have to shoot him in the head... twice! And secondly, their cases are becoming redundant. Anyway yea...Ill be watching CSI: Miami now. Horatio is a little too dramatic but hey...their cases are pretty interesting!


Oh yea, so this morning at like 12:30am( Yea, Im usually asleep by 11:30 pm during the week so I can be able to wake up for the gym at 6:30am...but it was Mo's birthday so this is an exception!...lol) Brian asked me to be his critic. lol. He began to practice playing the guitar and get lessons from his roommate like 2 weeks ago. He was so excited that he had learned one song and he wanted me to be the first to judge! He began to play "How to Save a Life" by the Fray and I was so excited for him! He was great and It has only been two weeks and he had no prior experience! So yea I was very happy for him and I told him as soon as he learns a second song...he must teach me how to play the guitar!....Im so excited! Playing the guitar was like a childhood dream for me that slowly dissappeared with time because it seemed so out of reach. But now Im determined and I shall be a guitar player soon! :)


Sidebar: I've realized that life constantly brings changes but the things that REALLY matter...ALWAYS stay the same.

4 comments:

Erica-Lindsay said...

how did bethany go from never attending a AASA Mtg to head of the ABC Conf.? umm...some explaining please! LOL j/k

you go girl!!

Bethany said...

Lol...Erica.

Im not head of the ABC Conference....there are like 8 heads...Food head, workshops head, community outreach head, high school outreach head....Im UC-Wide Head which means my job is to keep all the UC's involved, informed and connected to the progression of the ABC Conference.

And yea since I didnt get to start that 100 black women club...I decided to be involved in this...to break the "click" they have going and try and get other black ppl involved this year...and make sure EVERYONE knows about the meetings and the upcoming Conference ...instead of the same 10 ppl...yanno?...especially all of the new black ppl we got this year....which is ALOT girl! yay!....Plus alot of ppl dont even want to be involved because of the drama they caused last year...so now that Im a Head...I can form a committee and those who have a problem with them and not me can still be involved in the ABC Conference.

Thanks! :)

Erica-Lindsay said...

Oooo..cool!

hmm..NEW BLACK PEOPLE?!! YAY!! i wanna see them..are they cute? LOL j/k

Can i attend the ABC conference, this year? technically i'm still a student at UCM, i'm just on leave.

Bethany said...

Yes you can girl!..they are allowing some CC and Cal state students...but you know...we can only accommodate 500ppl max!..so Ill let you know when to jump on the registration!